23 May 2015

Pride and Honour




Dr Anupama Janardhanan
Flipping through the childhood pictures,
I recalled the way I was held,
Security moulded with softness

Growing up in discipline and culture
Learning poise and etiquettes
For who I am today
Goes back to how I was polished everyday

“Never look back, ahead you should move”
Were the words from the person I derive strength from?
“Lower your expectations, focussed you shall be”
Were the verses of the person who makes me believe.

For they are the creators of my soul and pillars of my life
Today I am whole because of their blood and sweat
I walk with my head held high not for who I am, but to whom I belong
Parents, they are called naively
For me they are my Pride and Honour.

എം കെ ഹരികുമാർ ഓണപ്പതിപ്പ്‌ 2020

ഗസ്റ്റ് എഡിറ്റോറിയൽ ഇരവി       എം.കെ.ഹരികുമാറിൻ്റെ കവിതകൾ കാവ്യഭാരതം വിഷണ്ണരാവുന്നത് അവരവരുടെ വഴിയിൽ കൊറോണയുടെ മാന്ത്രിക യാഥാർത്ഥ്യം. എന്റെ ...