20 May 2012

I was chained…..


                  Geetha munnurcode
I am born as a girl,
And so I’ve been chained!

My ways were barricaded
With iron thorny fences
And my doors were shut in caution…..
The curtains swung on to my face
Neither swaying in a comfortable breeze
Nor letting the rays of hope in….

Everything around seemed to say
‘Stop, this is your limit.’

The very beginning glow of light
As an infant I perceived
Drilled pores in my stature
Pointing my limitations
My confidence shattering
I kept cursing…. , “I am a girl…..”



Oh! How harsh it was to get trained
That I would stride and slide away myself
From hungry vultures and wolves,
That I would keep in safe custody
Of whatever precious things I posses,
That I could smash the polished pretensions
Of those near me to captivate me,
That I would choose and act righteously
In every step with mounting pressures…

The nightmares have been my bed mates….
The sufferings my day loads……
Whenever I felt myself unsteady
I cursed the day I was born……….

എം കെ ഹരികുമാർ ഓണപ്പതിപ്പ്‌ 2020

ഗസ്റ്റ് എഡിറ്റോറിയൽ ഇരവി       എം.കെ.ഹരികുമാറിൻ്റെ കവിതകൾ കാവ്യഭാരതം വിഷണ്ണരാവുന്നത് അവരവരുടെ വഴിയിൽ കൊറോണയുടെ മാന്ത്രിക യാഥാർത്ഥ്യം. എന്റെ ...