23 Oct 2012

WAITED FOR YOU

In the cradle, when I first cried
When I opened my tiny eyes,
The first person before me was you.
I grew up; your thoughts grew up with me
Daily in the eve, I waited for you.
You never came you always hided from me.
Hoped I, you never heard my call
Desperately I thought, because poor am I.
Days passed by, I was in my death bed
That eve, I lit the lovely lamp for you.
None in the house, I was all alone.
But a pussy cried loud "mew, mew"
All on a sudden soft knock at the door
You stood before me, a smile on your lips?
 I hugged you and drew you close to me,
 With all emotion, my heart bet aloud
Without a word you turned back'
I called you, but you pretended not to hear
When I heard again the 'mew' of my pussy,
Realised I this, to be a momentary dream……..
Woke up from my lost lovely dream       
Noticed I, my lips were quivering
A darkness hid my eyes, still I saw you;
I gasped for breath, my heart trembled
God, at last you came to me…
Ah! Almighty! alas! alas!
But you came to me

എം കെ ഹരികുമാർ ഓണപ്പതിപ്പ്‌ 2020

ഗസ്റ്റ് എഡിറ്റോറിയൽ ഇരവി       എം.കെ.ഹരികുമാറിൻ്റെ കവിതകൾ കാവ്യഭാരതം വിഷണ്ണരാവുന്നത് അവരവരുടെ വഴിയിൽ കൊറോണയുടെ മാന്ത്രിക യാഥാർത്ഥ്യം. എന്റെ ...