22 Aug 2020

എം കെ ഹരികുമാർ ഓണപ്പതിപ്പ്‌ 2020

 My Language/M K Harikumar

Translation: Prameela Tharavath

Sunrise... 
a fanciful fantasy of Malayalam
Sun speaks in Malayalam every day

The water I drink everyday
knows only one language
That's my Malayalam!

Through the tongue my water
Decodes the taste of Malayalam 
In my throat...

Morphology of my language
In all the water resources
And the poetry of my language
In all the syntaxes

Cries of every new born infants
Like chants in ancient Malayalam
All the toys of all children
Encode Malayalam

I struggle to retrieve
The melodious Malayalam lullabies
That my ears marvelled once!

It’s dream of the night
Hope in the lonely journeys
Spirits in the Peepal tree
The blueness in the sky
conscience is my language!

It embraces me 
As the redness in hibiscus flower
And as the fragrance of coral jasmine...

BACK TO HOME

എം കെ ഹരികുമാർ ഓണപ്പതിപ്പ്‌ 2020

ഗസ്റ്റ് എഡിറ്റോറിയൽ ഇരവി       എം.കെ.ഹരികുമാറിൻ്റെ കവിതകൾ കാവ്യഭാരതം വിഷണ്ണരാവുന്നത് അവരവരുടെ വഴിയിൽ കൊറോണയുടെ മാന്ത്രിക യാഥാർത്ഥ്യം. എന്റെ ...